Current mood: suffering from reading withdrawal
It has been a summer of books for me. I think I have read (and re-read) at least a dozen books since May. I know, I know. How do I do that and take care of three children without neglecting their needs... I don't get enough sleep and I no longer watch any TV...
I have always loved books and stories, usually averaging a book or two a month, but not two or three a week. I don't think I have read this copiously since college. Currently I am in the middle of three books: The Kite Runner, The Painted Drum, and Girl in Hyacinth Blue.
My favorites so far have been the Women of Genesis series by Orson Scott Card, anything by Shannon Hale, and Stephenie Meyer's books. I feel like I have rediscovered my love of books and I can't seem to get enough. I am addicted. Pathetic, I know. But as soon as I finish one book I have to have another lying in wait or I suffer withdrawal. So if there are any fellow addicts out there that have a good twelve step program, my husband would appreciate it :)
Or I'll just opt for any good recommendations to feed the beast...
Love To See The (Newport Beach) Temple
11 years ago
6 comments:
I feel the same Way, and am so tired!! My husband would love to add me to the 12 step program when you find one. I put the most recent ones on my blog I've read, I feel like I can't get enough.
I'm with you - I read like crazy. Sometimes 5 books a week. I have tons to recommend. Are you on goodreads.com? If not, I could send you an invite. Email me: kpolson1@gmail.com.
Read "A Thousand Splendid Suns" after you are finished with "Kite Runner", you can borrow mine. It has stayed with me for a long time.
So have you finished the new twilight yet? Who am I kidding, you've probably read it twice! I found it at the exchange much to my surprise but I have to speak on Sunday so I can't open it until I finish my talk...ugh...it's too tempting but I don't want to start if I can't finish, it's just to precious to read the wrong way! :)
I am the same way. Since Grace got me started on Twilight in February I have done nothing but read since then. I too always have to have a book waiting for me when I finish one or I feel totally lost.
Hey Janae,
I'm not sure whos blog I found you on but I was blog hopping. How have you been? I see you have a new baby. How 3? I've been debating whether I can handle it. My hubby would be sooo jealous of Jeff's fishing trip. He looooves tuna. I have yet to let him go on a mexico trip. lol Well take care. Keep in touch
Post a Comment