Monday, August 18, 2008

first day

current mood: preoccupied

So Haley started kindergarten last week. She was very excited by it all and insists that I have to make her the exact same lunch every day. She loves it so far and doesn't even whine when I get her up to get ready. That's amazing--the no whining part. She definitely takes after her mother when it comes to mornings. She was especially looking forward to today because she gets homework.


You can tell by her picture that she had no issues with leaving me behind. She gave me a hug and kiss and walked right in the door. Mom didn't cry either, but I felt a little lost as I drove home. Am I ready to give my baby over to perfect strangers?... Luckily for me, Haley is pretty independent and definitely sure of herself, so I'm confident she'll be just fine.

6 comments:

jayne said...

Sounds like she is ready to learn. She is such a grown up girl. She looks so happy in the picture. Can you believe that your oldest is in school now. It is crazy how time flies.

Anonymous said...

aww...my little bay-bay is so grown up!! ;D hope she's loving it!

Edith said...

it is kind of weird feeling, I agree, to turn your child over to perfect strangers after spending five whole years with them every day.

I'm glad you decided to do the tag about you and Jeff. It was fun to read.

Holley Williamson said...

Ha! Brooklyn wants the same thing for lunch too :)

moi said...

You blink and they are all grown up. Enjoy every moment.
You are the best!

Elizabeth said...

She looks so cute in that picture. Ryker had his first day of kindergarten on Monday and Kenedy started third grade. It is crazy how fast they grow. I have had people ask me if I was sad on their first days of school but I wasn't. I was more excited for them because they were so excited!